If you think about your favorite things, is beer one of them? And, let’s not forget about your beloved furry friend. As a visual designer, this is what inspired MC to create Worth 1000 Beers, combining her favorite things into creative works that are sure to brighten up anyone’s day. MC not only does original works of her own, but will happily take commissions for anyone beloved pet and beverage of choice. We are thrilled to have her at Collectiv as one of our featured artists. Here’s what she had to say about how she got started and what’s on her playlist right now.
1) What makes your company unique?
The subject matter is pretty unusual. I know of a few other “beer artists” (though not many) but I don’t know anyone else drawing beer flavors and household pets.
2) How did you start making?
I won a drawing contest at my local nature center when I was about 5 years old, and have been hooked ever since! This was a drawing of a bunch of red cardinals sitting in the trees, so not only have I been drawing for a long time, but I have also always loved drawing animals.
3) What inspires you as a maker?
Other makers always inspire me! I love attending markets and craft events to see what other people are creating in all mediums. And obviously, beer!
4) What are two things you'd like customers to know about you?
1. While I have a few go-to styles depending on the season, choosing a favorite beer is impossible for me.
2. I feel the same way about dogs. I love them all so much! (Though my favorite one is my own pit mix, Dallas! :)
5) What's a new project you're excited about?
I’ve been experimenting with hop-scented bath bombs, and have been concepting a few felt products.
6) What's on your playlist as you're creating?
Beyonce, Big Wild, Joakim Karud, and Run the Jewels to name a few. Typically I like a very random mix of empowering, upbeat and fast-paced music with a Broadway show tune sprinkled in here and there.
7) Let's keep it local, what Chicago restaurant do you think everyone must try?
Parachute, on Elston. The baked potato bing bread is a must-get, and I loved the bibim bop.
Keep up with Worth 1000 Beers on Facebook & on her blog!