Fun and fashionable; two words I think of when it comes to our Collectiv artist Purple & Lime. Owner and maker Rebecca designs acrylic jewelry and felt pieces that truly make a statement. Bright and colorful pieces are just what you need to make your style pop. We’re lucky to have Rebecca share with us what she’d like customers to know and where she finds her #inspo.
1) What makes your company unique?
With Purple and Lime I really try to create themes, color combinations, and designs that people haven’t necessarily seen before. I go with what feels right for my aesthetic rather then what’s super-popular or trendy at the moment.
2) How did you start making?
I’ve always been an artist and maker, even as a child. My elementary school even had a focus on the arts! Purple and Lime was created upon returning to the US after I studied fashion design in London.
3) What inspires you as a maker?
Inspiration really is everywhere, but I tend to be drawn towards the natural world, art history, and (hilariously enough) food. I also love the simplicity of bold colors, so I’m always exploring new ways to combine them to create moods and reactions in my work.
4) What are two things you'd like customers to know about you?
1. I’m both a city and a country girl (and I love them both). I grew up visiting my relatives’ farms, as well as going to NYC to see the other side of my family. I think that really influenced my aesthetic and the themes I’m drawn to in my work.
2. On the business side of things... I’m always looking for ways to improve my products! Customer feedback is really important to me.
5) What's a new project you're excited about?
I’m working on some cool new embroidery hoop wall art pieces and ornaments! They will incorporate felt and fleece and maybe even some fake fur.
6) What's on your playlist as you're creating?
I like all kinds of music, but usually listen to classic rock or hip hop when I’m working.
7) Let's keep it local, what Chicago restaurant do you think everyone must try?
It’s really hard to pick just one! I would recommend Community Tavern- it’s one of my faves in the neighborhood.
Keep up with Purple and Lime on Facebook and Instagram!
5743 W Irving Park Rd
IABD Holiday Walk Sat 12/15 10-7
Mon Dec.17- Thu Nov.20 10-7
Mon Dec.24 10-5
Dec. 25/26 CLOSED
Sign up for our Newsletter!